Eye doctors play a vital role in protecting people’s eyes and fostering their sense of sight. There are two primary types of eye doctors: optometrists and ophthalmologists. While optometrists examine, diagnose, and treat the patients’ eyes, ophthalmologists can conduct medical and surgical operations.
Unfortunately, about 12 million people in the United States suffer from eye impairment. Out of this, one million of them are blind, three million still have impairment after correction, and eight million suffer from vision problems due to uncorrected refractive error. That’s why it’s easy to see eye care clinics elsewhere in the world, with eye doctors catering to the vision needs of their communities.
But whether you’re an optometrist or an ophthalmologist, you should do what it takes to promote your medical practice. You must take a robust marketing approach in reaching out to your prospective clients. That said, here are digital marketing strategies for your eye care practice:
1. Website Marketing
Your digital marketing strategy must begin on your business website. It is where you’ll promote your eye care products and services. Also, potential clients will find and learn more about your medical practice through your site. That’s where website marketing comes into the picture.
To make it work for you, be sure to update your website. When updating, have the user experience (UX) in mind. The features of a great UX include a well-structured layout, streamlined elements, user-friendly navigation, and fast loading time. Plus, don’t forget to optimize your site for mobile devices.
2. Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Search Engine Marketing aims to make your business website visible on the search engine results pages (SERP). Your ultimate goal is to make your content pieces and web pages appear right before the eyes of your target clients. Doing so will boost your online presence and website traffic. As such, consider the following online marketing strategies:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Be sure to optimize the technical aspects of your website. Also, produce valuable content pieces with the integration of relevant keywords. Lastly, promote your business on other digital platforms outside your website (like building links). When successfully implemented, your website will get SERP’s top SEO ranking.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) Advertising: Create ads and bid for their placements on SERP. Take note, however, that you’ll pay for successful clicks. These clicks can lead potential clients to your website. For instance, produce ad copies promoting your Smart glasses designed for peripheral vision loss and driving. You’ll be surprised at how customers will end up buying your products via your website.
3. Digital Content Marketing
Content will always be king in the digital world. When customers or clients look for products or services, they instantly search online. They will come across pieces of content like how-to articles, product photos, and promotional video clips. If one of these content pieces resonates with them, they’ll end up buying the products or hiring the services. The same thing applies to your eye care practice. Here’s how to implement your digital content marketing strategies:
- Blogging: Start a blog on your business website. You can write articles about vision care while displaying photos of vision products and showcasing eye care services via video clips. Blogging can help boost your on-page SEO by attracting potential clients to your website.
- Product Photography: Take photos of your eye products and post them on your site. You can also share them on your social media channels and other digital platforms. You’ll be surprised at how these images can entice clients or customers and prompt them to your site.
- Video Marketing: Produce video clips promoting your eye care products and services. They quickly resonate with people. Why? They are easily digestible and very memorable. You can also go as far as creating entertaining clips about eye care to catch the clients’ attention.
4. Social Media Marketing
Digital marketing cannot be complete without social media marketing. As everyone is aware, social media channels are where people live and breathe. It means that you can reach out to your potential clients via these channels. Here’s what you can do:
- Facebook: Post and share valuable pieces of content on your page to spark client engagement. You can also resort to Facebook advertising to create ads and target them to your potential clients. Lastly, use this channel to communicate with your clients by answering queries or scheduling an appointment.
- Instagram: Take images of your products and publish them on Instagram. This powerful platform can attract clients and customers through compelling photos. These prospects may be directed to your website and end up buying your vision products.
- LinkedIn: Build your network with various stakeholders via this channel. You can partner with medical facilities and health professionals. You can also work with your vision suppliers. Lastly, you can connect with professionals who can become your regular clients needing your eye care services.
At this point, you now know what it takes to promote your eye care practice. As an optometrist or ophthalmologist, consider the digital marketing strategies recommended above. Whether on your website, via search engines, or your social media channels, these strategies can make a world of difference in your eye care practice. Not only will you get more clients and boost your profits, but you’ll also cater to the vision needs of your immediate community.